Wednesday, June 9, 2010

West Seattle Produce - You must go!!

We took home some of the season's first batch of Rainier cherries, my favorite.


Mmm heirlooms... such a summer treat. Slices these babies up with some fresh buffalo mozzarella, basil, drizzle with olive oil and you have gluten free, fresh perfection.


They even carry a great gluten free trumpet pasta from Pike Place Market's Pappardelle.

Wonderful flavored honey, jams, syrups and other bottled goods from local farms.







The best part of West Seattle Produce, besides Mike, is the fact that it is open every day, and you don't have to fight the throngs on tourists found in Pike Place.




On the corner of SW Alaska St. and Fauntleroy Way SW, in West Seattle, is my new favorite stop for local, fresh, organic produce. You can't miss this adorable produce stand, with its vintage red pickup truck in the parking lot, and the friendliest, most knowledgeable owner, named Mike.
My sister and I had a lovely visit with Mike, and discussed our love for local, organic foods, Beecher's cheeses, and the joys of raw milk. He fills his stand with locally sourced items, bought direct from the farmers whenever possible.

2 comments:

  1. Hi! I just found your blog through Canelle Vanille. My husband and I are planning a trip to Seattle next year and I'm gluten free so I will be keeping up with your blog to see what we can eat while I'm there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats great! Seattle is such a gluten free friendly city with so many restaurant and grocery store options. I have tons I want to add to this blog, so keep following!

    ReplyDelete