Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Adventures in West Seattle



My sister and I decided to sample each flavor available, which today consisted of blood orange, mint, and milk chocolate. The blood orange was my favorite, bright in both color and flavor.
When I stopped in last week, I found some exciting new flavors such as blueberry lemon, margarita, and PB&J! (They tasted like the most delicious, tiny peanut butter and jelly sandwich)



Bakery Nouveau, on California Avenue, is a favorite destination of mine. Although most of the beautiful pastries and sandwiches are off limits, I make the drive out for their Parisian Macaroons. They have a variety of different flavors every day, and each one is equally amazing! Parisian macaroons are delightful little treats that are composed of two puffy and light, yet moist meringue-like domes sandwiched together with a ganache or other cream filling.




One of my favorite places to explore gluten free options is in West Seattle. There seem to be endless restaurants, bakeries, and specialty food shops that cater to the diets of people with food allergies. You may think bakeries are totally off-limits to us gluten free foodies, but think again!

No comments:

Post a Comment