Monday, June 7, 2010

The Beginning

Greetings fellow gluten free friends!
For all of you out there who battle Celiac disease, gluten & wheat intolerances, or just avoid gluten for health reasons, I am here to be your Gluten Free Cheerleader!

I know how hard it is to watch friends indulge in perfectly boiled and baked bagels, crispy thin crust pizzas, moist cupcakes... the list goes on and on! So I am here to share with you some of my favorite gluten free recipes, products, restaurants, and philosophies on life. My absolute favorite blog out there is Cannelle et Vanille, and the beautiful food creations and photography on her site are my inspiration for blogging. Of course, I don't make all my recipes from scratch... being freshly out of college and employed full-time leaves little money or free time for that. I love to use as many fresh, locally sourced ingredients as I can, paired with pre-made elements found at stores like Whole Foods, Metropolitan Market, Trader Joe's, and others.

I discovered my gluten intolerance almost 4 years ago, while in my sophomore year of college. Going to a university in New York City, in an Italian neighborhood no less, made it very difficult to avoid the incredible pizza, pastas, cannoli, etc. So after a few years of denying it, struggling and fighting it, I have finally embraced my intolerance for gluten.

Living back in my hometown of Seattle, I found it so much easier to avoid wheat and gluten, while still enjoying all my favorite foods. This is just the beginning, so I hope you enjoy what I have to offer. Gluten free life can still be full of delicious foods and fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment