Friday, June 18, 2010

My IBS Treatment Center Food Allergy Chart!

Here is part of my food allergy test results, I was so surprised by some of the foods I had such a strong negative reactive to.


I had some suspicions about dairy not agreeing with me, and this confirmed those suspicions. It was interesting that I had no reaction to yogurt, or goat's milk. Fortunately, I love yogurt, especially Greek style with honey, and could eat goat cheese all day long :)

Meats from the Bovine family clearly don't sit well with me, which is a bit saddening. As I mentioned earlier I am a sucker for a good steak, but I'm happy to give it up if it means good health and a happy stomach.

This bit of the chart is the hardest for me to accept. Most of the wonderful gluten free breads and baked goods I have found do contain yeast. I have been so excited about replacing the missing pizzas, breads, and bagels in my life with great gluten free options, that I don't think I am ready to say goodbye to them.
Since I have cut gluten out of my life in the past couple years, I have felt remarkably better is so many ways. I no longer struggle with daily fatigue, joint aches, and crippling stomach pains. These other foods that showed up on my lab tests clearly aren't my body's favorites, but they don't affect me as intensely or negatively as gluten. I will therefore do my best to eliminate all bovine-derived dairy and meat from my diet, while limiting my intake of yeast and cane sugar... but those last two just can't be totally avoided, I love them too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment