Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Test results are in... surprising finds!

So I got my food allergy blood test back from the IBS Treatment Center, and boy, was I surprised by the results. First, I have to say how incredibly interesting and informative this test is. If you are struggling with digestive issues, or a suspected food allergy, this is the place to go. It's not necessarily cheap, but the IBS Treatment Center has changed hundreds of lives for the better with a simple diagnosis.

I'll scan my chart and post it up here tomorrow so you can see the breakdown of which antibodies react to which food substances, and at what level of intensity.

Through this test, I discovered that not only am I gluten intolerant, but I am highly allergic to milk, beef, and lamb! Weird! It seems to be a general intolerance for almost all products from the Bovine family. Strangely enough, I had no negative reaction to yogurt, or anything made of goat's milk. Luckily, I love goat cheese and am excited to explore the world of goat milk products: butter, milk, ice cream, etc. I think they have a lovely, creamier texture than cow's milk products.

I have to admit, it will be tough to cut back on regular ice cream, and steak (one of my favorite guilty pleasures is steak frites with maitre d' beurre).

But enough thinking about what I can't eat... lets talk about what we can enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment