Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Shrimp Tacos, a Summer Favorite.


I believe I can say with confidence that tacos are my favorite food. There is so much flavor variety, freshness, color, and contrasting/complimenting textures that I never get bored with them.

A good corn tortilla is the first step to making tacos. I personally think corn tortillas have a lot more flavor and a better texture than flour tortillas, plus they are gluten free, so they obviously win in my book.

I loaded these tacos with sweet corn, avocado, goat's milk jack cheese, pico de galo, lime, and plump shrimp. Sadly, I was out of cilantro today... but normally I always throw a generous sprinkle of chopped cilantro on each bite.

I think I will have to start documenting every taco I encounter in Seattle restaurants and put them up here for you all. My favorites come from Agua Verde, on Portage Bay, and Barrio, up on Capitol Hill.

No comments:

Post a Comment