Monday, July 12, 2010

A Lovely Lunch at Anita's Crepes


My mom and I indulged in both savory and sweet crepes for lunch today.

For the past few months, every sunday morning at the Ballard Farmer's Market, I have been rushing over to the Anita's Crepe stand to wait in line for a delicious breakfast. They have a gluten free batter that is made of buckwheat, and is absolutely wonderful. Today, we took the time to eat in the restaurant rather than a grab-and-go crepe at the market.

I have driven past Anita's about 1000 times on my way between Ballard and Fremont on Leary Way, but today, it was finally time to stop and enjoy. And thank goodness we did! Anita's is adorable inside and out.




My mom's mozzarella, roasted chicken, and spinach crepe was covered with fresh arugula, caramelized onions, tomatoes, and sauteed potato wedges.

I opted for a simple, savory, and delicious combination of spinach, feta, and a farm fresh egg in my buckwheat crepe.



We couldn't resist trying one of the many sweet crepes for dessert. A simple cinnamon and sugar crepe was the perfect afternoon treat.

Craving crepes, go to Anita's!
http://www.anitascrepes.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment